Medutopia will offer 4 different mastermind groups, one of them free and the other three paid versions.
1. Creativity and Innovation in Medical Education (Disrupt)
2. Podcasting in Medical Education (PodLife)
3. The Medupreneur Mastermind (Spark I)-for beginners
4. The Medupreneur Mastermind (Spark II)-intermediate
Benefits of Joining a Mastermind Group for Medical Education Podcasters
There are many benefits to joining a mastermind group. Here are just a few:
- Learn from the “collective wisdom” of the group
- Develop as a podcaster with support from like-minded individuals
- Utilize a powerful network of invested medical education podcasters who want to help each other and improve medical education
- Be held accountable by the group
- Brainstorm podcasting ideas and get immediate feedback from a diverse group of medical educators
- Troubleshoot any problems you might have had with a group who has likely faced similar challenges
The PodLife Mastermind Group (Podcasting in Medical Education) is open to 10 podcasters/or “wanna be podcasters” who are interested in learning how to use podcasting as a teaching tool in either education or medical education. This group will meet biweekly to monthly.
What PodLife Mastermind Group Members Will Receive
- Monthly PodLife Mastermind video conference calls
- Books on podcasting and other topics (at no extra charge)
- Private Slack group where our group can network about podcasting topics
- Continuous podcast mentoring
PodLife aims to bring together motivated podcasters in medical education from around the world to discuss the role of podcasting in medical education and to learn how to truly change the world with your voice.
Format of the PodLife Mastermind Group
The Podlife Mastermind Group will meet once a month for 1-2 hours on a video conferencing platform called MasterMind Manager. Once the 10 members are chosen we will choose a meeting day and time, and we will provide specific details (as well as a welcome manual) to group members.
*The cost of PodLife will $150 USD billed monthly. Course fees are used to pay for development, organization, and administration of the group, as well as for books and other resources for members.*
Monthly video calls will serve as the main structure for the group. Each month, group members will take turns on the “hot seat,” in which other group members will take turns offering advice and solutions for some of the struggles YOU face as a podcaster. One of the beautiful things about a mastermind group is that you get advice/resources from the whole group.
Medutopia will keep track of each meetings discussion, the readings, and other assignments.
In order to have a successful mastermind group, each member needs to be a contributor and not sit in silence as the rest of the group talks and gives advice. Mastermind groups work best when all are working in harmony to help everyone in the group.
Here is a sample of what our agenda might look like (from the Mastermind Toolkit):
In this mastermind group we will discuss relevant podcasts, blogs, websites, courses, and books related to podcasting. There will be reading assignments and “audio assignments” (listening to and evaluating the format and quality of podcasts) for all members of the group, and assignments will be given out at each meeting. This will include books that are relevant to medical education and podcasting.
To Express Your Interest in Disrupt…
Just fill out this Google form to apply:
There are only 10 spots available for PodLife. Applications will be reviewed as they are received. We have already received quite a bit of interest in this mastermind group, so don’t miss out on your chance to join the 1st mastermind group for medical education podcasters!
Grow your life and your podcasting skills with Medutopia!!
(Thanks to Better Leaders Better Schools for the mastermind agenda sample!)
Follow us on Twitter
Coming this spring... ...Office Hours Free medical education/professional, faculty, career development/entreprene… t.co/gEGg6lSVip
Several years ago I found this card tucked into the sleeve of my coffee cup. I have NO IDEA who put it there. Tod… t.co/2OHP7ZZgOe